As of today I officially relocated from my home state one year ago.
A goal of nearly fourteen years and three hundred sixty-five days ago, I achieved it. Not to study abroad or go on a internship, but without an estimated return date or ticket in hand.
At the time I was so consumed with logistics and saying goodbyes I barely had time to process. I mean, we had less than ninety days from when we received notice of our move to when we needed to step on the plane. I was excited for the next chapter though and jumped right in.
When my mom came to visit in January she said this would be one of my biggest years and looking back…I can’t say I disagree.
In this past year I:
- Moved in with just my partner (no roommates!)
- Went to the Mountain Region for the first time
- Began commissioning art
- Attended therapy continually/successfully
- Started a data analytics certification
- Got engaged
- Bought my first place
- Began planning my wedding
- Experienced my first snowy winter
- Landed a job I didn’t think I stood of chance of getting
- Learned one of my cats WILL eat hoodie strings like spaghetti if left alone
- Started watching Anime again
- Reached closure on a long standing friendship
I’m sure there are so many things I’m forgetting, but all in all it’s been a hell of personal year. My biggest goal going forward though is to start posting here again!
I’m so tired after work y’all. Getting used to commuting again has taken much longer than I expected . I just come home, shower, and pass out…I’m working on it.
Wishing everyone well and hoping good things are in the works for all of you!