You know how when you boot up your pc there’ll be an image with little prompts before you log in? Well, yesterday when I was logging in at work I had a thought of: why not click the prompts and learn something new each day? (
Aside from just thumbing up or down for similar images.)
Then I figured I could do a little deep dive, jot down some facts and things I’d like to do there, so I can start keeping a list of travel ideas/a bucket list.
Now it won’t be everyday of course, just the places that catch my eye (
which will probably be most of them). Anyway, first up is the town of Kamishihoro, Japan!
A shy fairy of the sky and earth who pilots hot air balloons and loves to eat agricultural/livestock products of the town.
Things to Do
- Hokkaido Balloon Festival: hot air balloons & you can ride one! [Early August]
- Naitai Kogen Ranch: Japan’s largest public ranch with roughly 2,000 dairy cows, a terrace, & café with soft serve! [Summer or Autumn]
- Rent Cycle: [Summer or Autumn]
- Tokachi Bee Farm Co., Ltd.: pure honey store
Places to Eat
- DREAM DOLCE: baked sweets, cakes, gelato, soft serve, local ingredients, a dog run
- Teppanyaki Restaurant Tobachi: Naitai Wagyu beef, honey based desserts/beverages/steaks, run by Tokachi Bee Farm
- Toka Toka: bread, bread, bread
Places to Stay
- Mountain Inn Sankoso: Underground bath, bandit dinner served at hearth, specialty tofu, yukata
- Nakamuraya: Lovely accommodation, open air bath, souvenirs
Photo by shawnanggg on Unsplash